Sunday, June 11, 2006

Watercolor

I have been enjoying all the different blogs (mostly about Clay) that I have been reading lately. A great place to keep up with them is the new Clayblogs.

It has been an exciting week, I have been playing with Illustrator CS2, which is awesome. I have always been about the pen tool with the bezier curves but lately it has been fun playing with the pencil tool. You can get a really sketchy feeling with it. It goes a lot faster than the pen tool also.

I had a request to explain installing fonts on a Windows machine. But now I have to admit I am still running Windows 2000 on my PC (Panther on my MAC). What can I say? I really have loved the stability of it. It never gives me the blue screen of death and graphics can be pretty intensive on a computer.

I digressed, sorry, back to installing fonts. Start/Settings/Control Panel/Fonts (right click on Fonts and tell it to Open). You will see a list of all your installed fonts. Now you can either drag your new font in to this folder, or go to File/Install new font and you will have to search for the location of the font you wish to install. Dragging is easier. ;) I wouldn't recommend going over 500 fonts in your Font folder as they have a tendency to slow your computer down a bit. (Please don't ask me if I follow my own advice, k?)

This week's art: Watercolor Clay (clickable)

2 Comments:

Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Did you say Clickable or Lickable. Either way - I like it!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I printed this beauty out so fast the printer is still smokin'. Or maybe it just needed to take a moment...

Gorgeous stuff. I love your B/W series and had not seen your montage, either.

So talented. You. And your subject. *g*

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home