Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Support

One of the nicest things about being a Clay fan has been all the great people I have met in the past three years, funny, smart, passionate women who are such fun to be around.

One of the friends that I made is just that, but recently there has been some sort of back channel effort to smear her and make her seem untruthful. I don't know why people would go to so much trouble to bring another person down. Life seems to short to me to go around trying to hurt other people and I firmly believe this quote:

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people” by Eleanor Roosevelt.

I can't claim that I discuss ideas all the time (although I do love it, especially if the idea concerns art), I do like to discuss events (especially the basketball playoffs currently) and I have been known to discuss people (um, specially that cute red-headed singer guy). People are fascinating in all their permutations but it would never occur to me to start a rumor/smear campaign about anyone else. Why would someone do that? And I am helpless to defend my friend from this because of the backchannel way it is going around. Sounds kind of like a certain lying JP, doesn't it?

So my friend has decided to take the high road like Clay has done and just keep silent in the face of these smears. She has my support.

There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it hardly becomes any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
~Edward Wallis Hoch

Wallpaper clickable at your own risk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home