Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Graphics in Mind

Graphics in Mind

Well, we made it. Up and running. With a little help from a Ruby on Rails guru I know. This template was done in Macromedia Fireworks and then sliced and the graphic elements added to the code. I am still going to change the font on the title. And I am trying to decide if I like where the comments item is located.

Today in Corel Painter IX class, I showed my professor my new website. He liked it a lot and was very kind to tell me that he thought I was a very good artist. We have had many discussions about the difference between being an artist and a designer since I first took Design One class from him.

I am perfectly happy to be called a designer. I know many designers who are frustrated fine artists so I can see how that could bother them but it isn't a problem for me.

Oh, and as Prof. Reece was checking out my website, he noticed that I have done a lot Clay (Aiken) centric work. He remembered my Clay love from Design One which I took in 2003. He said that he really likes Clay because of the great voice of course, but also because of the kind of person he is. Genuine and kind. Kinda like my prof.

2 Comments:

Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

And the blog looks beautiful. How wonderful to be able to make it look the way you want it to. Now you can design templates for others to use. I'm first!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A Ruby on Rails guru? Hmm... Who could that be?

The site looks good! Although... I think you're really skimping on the links. You've only got, what, 9 billion? ;-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home